[LINK] Learning to stream fine music from Canberra

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Aug 16 19:31:45 AEST 2009

The School of Music at the Australian National University in Canberra
"streamed" its first concert live to the Internet from Llewellyn Hall in
Canberra today. This featured Alan Vivian (clarinet), David Pereira
(cello) and  Alan Hicks and Katherine Day ( pianio) with works by Verdi,
Gershwin, Kats-Chernin and Bukovsky. The technology is being
incorporated into the teaching of musicians, both to help teaching (with
  master classes by video) and as a subject the students learn about
(how to set up an online event).

See:

* The concert: <http://www.anu.edu.au/music/?q=streamingsounds>
* My notes "live" from the venue:
<http://www.tomw.net.au/blog/2009/08/concert-streamed-live-from-canberra.html>.

ps: The video of me at the keyboard during the performance are fake: I
found that the WiFi signal did not penetrate through the concrete floor
of the concert hall from the library below. I had to wait until after
the performance to blog. Normally I would be expected to turn my
computer off during a concert, but in this case I was asked to leave it
on, as it added a hi-tech ambiance, when the camera panned the audience.

--
Tom Worthington FACS HLM, TomW Communications Pty Ltd. t: 0419496150
PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia  http://www.tomw.net.au