[LINK] Seeking

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Mon Aug 17 13:20:53 AEST 2009

Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> Seeking
> How the brain hard-wires us to love Google, Twitter, and texting. And
> why that's dangerous.
> By Emily Yoffe
> Slate
> Posted Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2009, at 5:40 PM ET
> _http://www.slate.com/id/2224932/_
> Ever find yourself sitting down at the computer just for a second to
> find out what other movie you saw that actress in, only to look up and
> realize the search has led to an hour of Googling?

Even simpler still. When I look up a word in the (hardcopy) dictionary,
therein begins the wild goose chase through the lexicon, looking up
words by association with the previous one found. It can go on for quite
a while. To the point of forgetting what I was looking for in the first
place.

Interesting article. There is definitely some brain thing happening
in connection to the reward of seeking for seeking's sake.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Beware of he who would deny you information,
for in his mind he dreams of being your master.
      -- message on a computer game