[LINK] Facebook Priivacy and throwing out the Baby with the Bath Water.

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sat Aug 29 18:39:13 AEST 2009

It would appear that the new "Hot" game on Facebook - "Farmville" is
re-writing the rule books on social trust levels.

I wrote about it today in an article where I predict that Farmville is
the first application that I have seen that has the potential to
(actually) break the internet..... And if not to break then certainly
re-write the social rules about who we trust and for what reason,

Conclusion yet to be reached if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but
it would seem that millions of users are allowing "anyone" who also
plays farmville to become a :"friend" on Facebook to enable them to
advance in the game.

Farmville, the Game that IS Breaking the Internet.
by Tom Koltai on August 29, 2009 04:56PM (EST)

In the last three weeks I have noticed a decrease in filesharing. I
considered that it might be a response to the unseasonably warm weather
that Sydney is experiencing with people prefering to get outside than
huddle over their computers.
I may be wrong. The population of Sydney appear to be too busy with
other things to worry about file-sharing......

The End is Nigh - Pack up your Children......
We have all heard the doomsayers claiming that the internet is about to
run out of resources, that Bittorrent and eMule are killing all the
bandwidth.

Well the doomsayers are wrong. Torrent and eMule failed. VoD (Video on
Demand) came close, but even that was made room for - mainly by
throttling Torrent and eMule.
However the structure and design of the new game from Zynga, may do just
that.

Rest of article with graphics - here-->
http://www.perceptric.com/blog/_archives/2009/8/29/4303976.html

Tom