[LINK] ebook readers -- here they come!

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Sat Aug 29 18:46:53 AEST 2009

Jan Whitaker wrote:
> Here's the matrix: http://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

That matrix leaves out one very important bit of information.
Which (if any) of those readers are running free software systems?

My strong preference would be for a device that's capable of running
a fully-fledged Linux distribution, with additional (but also free)
software to drive the hardware specific to the device.

I don't want some device that is going to be "stranded" in a couple
of years when the manufacturer stops supporting it, or goes out of
business, or changes their EULA in perverse fashion.

Danny.