[LINK] Green light for internet filter plans

rene rene.lk at libertus.net
Tue Dec 15 23:05:47 AEDT 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 22:55:11 +1100, Philip Argy wrote:

> I notice that many ISPs have expressed support for the proposed
> legislation, which Conroy says will be confined to RC material of a
> kind that is already prohibited domestically and amenable to a take
> down notice.

Just btw, as I expect you know, RC material (other than the sub-set of RC
that is 'child p**nography' material) is *legal* to access/possess in all
but two of the eight Australian States/Territories (and the description of
RC that Conroy and most mainstream media are promoting refers to only a
very small sub-set of the type of information that can get 'Refused
Classification').

Irene