[LINK] Green light for internet filter plans

Philip Argy pargy at argystar.com
Tue Dec 15 22:55:11 AEDT 2009

I notice that many ISPs have expressed support for the proposed legislation,
which Conroy says will be confined to RC material of a kind that is already
prohibited domestically and amenable to a take down notice.  We'd rather
wait to see what the legislation actually says before jumping on any knee
jerk bandwagon.

By the way, our Patron is the Federal Minister for IT from time to time - it
is not an honour bestowed on any individual incumbent of the role.

Philip Argy
Immediate Past President
Australian Computer Society, Inc
pargy at acslink.net.au