[LINK] ACS website

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Wed Dec 16 10:52:29 AEDT 2009

On 16/12/2009, at 10:45 AM, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:

> Hold down the Ctrl key and use the wheel to scroll up and down. This
> changes the size of the page being displayed in the tab. IE works better
> than Firefox. Firefox sometime makes a mess of the resizing.
>
> When I originally looked at the page in IE and Firefox, they looked
> identical. When I used the scroll function, I got the same problems as
> Fred and Ivan.

Safari has thought this through more carefully: they try to scale images when the font size is increased (which you can turn off). However, designers who deploy CSS for design elements without thinking about users will always get into trouble when said users adjust font sizes at the browser level: it takes a fair bit of effort to make it work properly.

iT