[LINK] The once and future e-book: on reading in the digital age

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Thu Feb 5 11:31:21 AEDT 2009

On 05/02/2009, at 11:23 AM, Ivan Trundle wrote:
> I'm curious - and a general question - why not use a stand-alone RSS
> reader, and save the web browser for web work?

So... You're suggesting... Using appropriate tools, optimised for the
task at hand, for the task at hand?

Gosh.

I'd better sit down, my head is spinning.

Stil

P.S. Can you read RSS feeds in Mutt? If not, RSS must be evil in some
way.

P.P.S. For OS X I can thoroughly recommend the free NetNewsWire. It
can sync your stuff across multiple computers via NewsGator.

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia