[LINK] No cash for phone alert system

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Feb 18 05:32:42 AEDT 2009

> I suspect we will find out eventually that the Naylors were caught
> outside the house, or that the house was still open when the fire hit
> or that the house was not protected inside from radiant heat. Regards K.

Or that they had been sleeping in the small hours of Melbourne's hottest
day on record, on the rim of a volcano .. and in the very final instance
they were caught unprepared .. as you suggest .. so, an alarm would have
saved them .. given them the precious few minutes to fully secure a home?

Cheers,
Stephen