[LINK] Bush Fire Speeds (was Re: home emergencies)

Gordon Keith gordonkeith at acslink.net.au
Fri Feb 20 13:34:11 AEDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:50:05 am Lea de Groot wrote:
> Will this lower percentage of damage return, or should we expect that
> these new conditions to be the norn?

I was talking to a modeller who said the weather conditions this year across
eastern Australia where pretty much spot on what the climate models were
predicting. So the bushfires and flooding are pretty much the norm for the
moment, but should get worse as climate change accelerates.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.