[LINK] Web censorship plan heads towards a dead end

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Thu Feb 26 23:38:02 AEDT 2009

There you have it.

What no-one has discussed is the ability to have multiple logins on a
computer.
And combined with multiple Browsers... E.g.:

User1 (Dad) - Firefox - Proxy = Null
User2 (Junior) - IE 7    - Proxy = acs.vicone.netspace.net.au
User3 (Mum) - Opera - Proxy = Null

Voila - Internet with filter for those who need it. Managed by mum and
dad.
Maybe the Government could issue a pamphlet to everyone on how to set
this up.
Could save a lot of money - and help Senator Conroy save face.

And legislating that persons under 18 use a mandatory proxy would
satisfy the concerned individiuals;
And its doable and very cheap.

Tom