[LINK] gps on kids

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Tue Jan 13 12:16:22 AEDT 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009 11:09, Ivan Trundle wrote:

> But on the other hand, the loss of mind for all things technological
> allows the rest of the mind to focus on the important things in life.

Such as...??  I'm sure no-one would complain about technology freeing them from having to wash the clothes by hand.  But the original post essentially concerned technology "freeing" parents from the responsibility of managing their children properly, and that's a different matter entirely.  What happens when the children "managed" using GPS technology instead of being taught how to look after themselves and act responsibly get older?

> We can't have it both ways. Nor can the general populace be all-
> knowing and all-understanding when it comes to technology, so there
> has to be a trade-off.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

David