[LINK] Full steam ahead for the green and gold

Michael Skeggs mike@bystander.net mskeggs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:03:12 AEDT 2009

<believer in alt energy, but skeptic of these hot rocks>
Like the shale oil that is viable at $40 a barrel oil (if only they
could buy their energy inputs at $20 a barrel) I will believe it when
I see it. EROI is the real problem. These guys need cheap oil to
sustain their energy plans, and they suffer from the paradox that they
don't have a business if oil is cheap, and they can't afford to
develop it if energy is dear. Unfortunately, unlike, say Germany, our
political system can't look further than election ahead for energy
policy.
regards,
Michael