[LINK] You have got to be kidding...

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Jan 14 07:04:26 AEDT 2009

On 14/01/2009, at 6:53 AM, grant at apc.org.au wrote:
> Did they submit too late? Were all the T's dotted and the I's
> crossed? Was
> some supporting information missing or not supplied when requested?
> It's
> possible that they expected Australia to be as quick and efficient
> as many
> other countries at allocating short term biz visas (eg: on arrival :)

Fair point. However the travellers were all employees of Sun
Microsystems, who as a global organisation are quite familiar with
organising travel to many, many countries -- including Australia.

> Good luck getting the official word out of them. There are some good
> people in there but the "mandarin's" & management layer aren't
> helping.
> Applying leverage through your favourite MPs will probably be the
> effective way to get reviews performed, information out and possible
> change to happen.

While fighting for the visas is not my role here, it'll be interesting
to see whether any information will emerge at all. This is my task
today.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia