[LINK] You have got to be kidding...

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Jan 14 07:13:23 AEDT 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009, Stilgherrian wrote:

> Fair point. However the travellers were all employees of Sun
> Microsystems, who as a global organisation are quite familiar with
> organising travel to many, many countries -- including Australia.

Dont assume that "a company" has shared clue. "A company" may have
people with the clue, but business units may travel without said
clue being used.

Especially MYSQL, being IIRC run as a semi-independent unit anyway,
that hasn't been fully integreated. Again, its what I've heard, but it
wouldn't surprise me.

> While fighting for the visas is not my role here, it'll be interesting
> to see whether any information will emerge at all. This is my task
> today.

Have you asked people at Sun what visa they filed for in particular?
Being denied short-stay business visas if you're just a random MySQL
guy doesn't surprise me.

(That said, I'm hoping my to-be visa application isn't denied because
i'm a "random multi-gige web and nntp performance infrastructure guy". :)

Adrian