[LINK] Windows 7 Beta available

Brenda Aynsley bpa at iss.net.au
Wed Jan 14 17:41:17 AEDT 2009

stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:

> The Windows 7 Beta only supports Windows Vista SP1 to Windows 7 upgrades.
>
> So if you intend to do an upgrade – be sure it is on a PC running Windows
> Vista with Service Pack 1. We are not yet announcing anything regarding
> finalized upgrade paths for Windows 7.

Which current MS users are the most likely to use this version of
windows once released?

I would have thought it was those who have held out from making the move
to Vista so why isnt Microsoft targetting WinXP users to give them a
taste of what is to come and if Vista is somewhat similar to windows 7
perhaps encourage them via the beta to upgrade to vista whilst waiting
for windows 7 to be ready for release in 2010/2011.

Why would Vista users be interested in a time limited beta if Vista is
so great?

Me thinks they got it really wrong this time or are at the very least
now acknowledging the disappointment of the market with Vista.

Could it be they are responding somewhat to the opportunities for their
loyal clients to jump ship to viable alternative Operating System
platforms eg OSX and linux?

cheers
brenda

--
Brenda Aynsley, FACS, PCP, HLM
Director Community Affairs Board, Australian Computer Society