[LINK] another pesky script issue

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Jan 14 17:45:16 AEDT 2009

On 14/01/2009, at 5:39 PM, Chris Maltby wrote:
>>> Checked by AVG.
>>> 13/01/2009 8:17 AM
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 05:33:25PM +1100, Stilgherrian wrote:
>> That's nice. Hw do I know this text isn't fake? And how do I know
>> what
>> happened to the email as it crossed the Internet after this text was
>> added? Yet more security theatre...
>
> Advertising I think.
>
> But it's also not a good idea to advertise the kinds of protection
> you might be using - this could well be valuable to a serious
> attacker - but then, maybe it's double-bluff security theatre...

True, Thank you.

Stil

This email has been equipped with the Cybertron 4000 Semi-Lethal
Defence System. Any unauthorised use of the contents of this
email will result in the recipient and all their next of kin to
the age of 90 years receiving a 40kV electrical effect delivered
by our network of organically-farmed satellites. You have been
warned.

(C)2009 Cybertron Email Panacea Services LLC, Fatback IL.

Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia
mobile +61 407 623 600
fax +61 2 9516 5630
Twitter: stilgherrian
Skype: stilgherrian