[LINK] Phone firms told to stop being pests

grant at apc.org.au grant at apc.org.au
Fri Jan 16 10:48:43 AEDT 2009

On Fri, January 16, 2009 10:30 am, Bernard Robertson-Dunn wrote:
> According to an online survey of 1000 people by the Australia Institute
> last year, those on the register say they received seven unsolicited
> telemarketing calls a month, compared with 10 a month for those not on
> the register.

Not sure who they're talking to - we've been on since the start and get
about 1 call a month, if that.

Any who get through to me are politely asked to remove our number from
their list. Case closed - peace n quiet.

Previously, my son used to answer the phone and would grill the person on
the other end. It was wonderful to hear a 10 year old saying "No, my
parents don't want to talk to you if you're selling something" - they just
gave up eventually :)

Cheers,

Grant

--