[LINK] Weekend Magazine...

Tom Koltai tomk at unwired.com.au
Sat Jan 17 17:28:30 AEDT 2009

> > http://www.perceptric.com/blog/_archives/2009/1/17/4059571.html
>
> It renders very strangely in IE7, Tom. The <!--[if
> !supportFootnotes]--
> >[iv]<!--[endif]--> stuff makes text overlap. Firefox, Chrome
> and Safari
> work fine, Opera puts the underlines where they would be for baseline
> text, not under the footnote link.
>
> I know how we all love !Microsoft, but IE still has a lot of users.
>

> --
> Peter Bowditch

Hmmm interesting observation Peter. You are correct - I have three
different versions of ie and they all seem to have the same fault.
My normal Web browsing is via Mozilla on unix.

Now that is interesting.
I am posting on Blogware
(http://www.blogharbor.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?page=/about.html) - and I
believe it is W3C standardised, then I am cutting and pasting from MS
Word 2003.
(Not even stripping out the MS "bloat" - Yes Yes I know - not very
green. Now there's a Topic for Tom's Green ICT syllabus - What is the
Carbon overhead surcharge of an MSWORD created web page over hand coded
stuff.)

Any linkers like to offer any suggestions here ? - um specifically any
suggestions that included my retaining my references [i].Im bamboozled
... As he turns to the other screen and starts the arduous task of
downloading html editor programmes.
"I know this internet stuff is cool - but who the hell invented this
stupid html ?" He rants to no-one in particular thinking back to 1993
and coding the Northern Territory Tourism Commission Internet pages with
a curious combination of sgml and html. - Ahhh, those were the
days....(pre W3c)  No style sheets!, No Java and the only Embed comand
related to a Motion Gif.

Tom