[LINK] car computers

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Tue Jan 20 11:31:58 AEDT 2009

David Lochrin wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 10:04, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>> I overrode the Navman's instructions from the very start
>> of the journey and several times on the way to the M5.
>
> Re a similar technology, I now always double check <whereis.com.au> directions by reference to the road map (preferably Google Maps :-).  And I don't understand why this application seems so prone to give less than best route - is it the map data or the algorithm?

As Annandale was the start of my journey!  I had guessed it was trying to take
us via the Eastern Distributer and the airport tunnel, but didn't expect to
include the cross city tunnel! The route below seems to maximize tollways by
starting your journey in the opposite direction! I did wonder what the route
would be if the navman was told to avoid tollways.

My recommendation from Annandale, is firstly  not driving at all in peak hours,
but at other times.. Parammatta Rd, Old Canterbury, then left onto a major road
whose name excapes me, but which is labelled Canberra/M5 then right onto the M5
at Bexley (M5 Tollway - minus airport tunnel)!

--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au