[LINK] Digital Humanities Manifesto

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jan 24 08:05:50 AEDT 2009

Well, I've gotta say, the comments are better written than the manifesto

Rule 1 of sociology: never use ten words when you can use 100.

Rule 2: never use a common word when you can either invent a word, or
misuse a word because it sort of sounds right! (eg, mistaking normative
as meaning the same thing as normal).

Rule 3: practise the exclusive rather than the inclusive. Being
deliberately opaque protects you from being discussed by the hoi polloi.

Cheers,
RC