[LINK] Environment department used 30 sheets of paper per person per day

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Wed Jan 28 10:10:26 AEDT 2009

At 09:58 AM 28/01/2009, Marghanita da Cruz wrote:
>Perhaps these are some of the green jobs we need to create and the structural
>changes our economy requires. Apparently the funding for grants for digital
>settop boxes/tvs ran out in the US. Perhaps the new administration will
>establish new environmental programs....after all the people who put
>the gadgets
>together should be able to take them apart.

That last is a better process than the images of the poor in Indian
[do I have the right country?] searching through piles of discarded
computer equipment to recover the gold and encountering some other
nasty metals along the way.

There was talk on radio today in Melbourne about why we're not
retooling the auto factories to build train carriages again.
Melbourne is in strife re not having enough, so why not?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007