[LINK] ABC link problem

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Jul 2 08:43:25 AEST 2009

Jan Whitaker wrote:

> At 08:29 PM 1/07/2009, Rick Welykochy wrote:
>>> http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/web/sound1.mp3
>> They probably work for the web designers internally at the
>> ABC because of local domain name resolving, e.g.
>>
>> mpegmedia resolves to an internal server for the
>> web guys 'n gals, but externally it resolves to nothing.
>>
>> This is Web Basics 101. The RN support team should find
>> a big clue stick and apply manually thrice daily.
>
> What's funny was once the first one was loaded from the above link,
> the rest worked just by clicking on the original malformed link on
> the webpage. So there must be some 'memory' in firefox to allow for
> that. Bizarre.

imho, it is plain wrong for mpegmedia to resolve to mpegmedia.com
in the browser. similar complaint to parked domains that are
available for purchase - they bring up a page full of spam and ads.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Debra Jackson says she likes shopping at the Dollar Palace because it's
convenient and casual. "I don't have to get dressed up like I'm going
to Wal-mart or something," she said.      -- spotted in a newspaper