[LINK] CBA says NetBank issues resolved

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Jul 6 17:05:53 AEST 2009

<brd>
It still looks like a mainframe to Netbank interface issue to me.
</brd>

CBA says NetBank issues resolved
Chris Zappone
July 6, 2009 - 2:30PM
SMH
http://business.smh.com.au/business/cba-says-netbank-issues-resolved-20090706-da18.html

Commonwealth Bank says it has solved an internal software problem that
dogged its online banking services and inconvenienced hundreds of
thousands of customers.

It said today NetBank was now fully functional. Even so, some NetBank
users continue to report problems with their accounts.

Is your account fully functional? Have your say on the NetBank outage.

"The data display issue which restricted the ability of some customers
to view their transaction histories online using the regular display
balance feature was resolved Sunday afternoon,'' the bank said in a
statement today. "This problem is related to a software issue and we had
IBM work with us to resolve the matter.

"The Commonwealth Bank unequivocally assures all customers that all
account information, including balances, is correct and that the
security of their accounts and personal information has not been breached.

"We regret the inconvenience caused to NetBank customers last week.''

The week of glitches began Sunday, June 28, the first point when CBA
customers began reporting problems accessing their data.

The following day CommBank took its NetBank off-line because of what the
bank said was "exceptionally high volumes of traffic...some of which
appears to be malicious'', implying a possible hacker attack.

After re-establishing customers' connections to NetBank, three months of
historical transactions were missing in many accounts, forcing the
site's users to actively search for the transaction history.

CommBank said that last week's spike in traffic was unrelated to the
database issues dogging customers.

Late last week, the bank had still been unable to give a time frame for
the problem's resolution, leaving the industry's IT experts to question
the CommBank's disaster recovery preparedness.

The most recent difficulties come after a string of glitches afflicting
the bank's system, which is undergoing a $580 million upgrade.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn