[LINK] Fwd: Cybercrime Inquiry

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Mon Jul 20 16:27:00 AEST 2009

On 20/07/2009, at 10:51 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:
> The single submission presented is a case study in the problems that
> are happening. None of this will be news to Linkers, but if you are
> teaching a course, this is a survey of them all in one place.

I was curious as to whether that really was the only public submission
to such an important enquiry, and so I asked the committee
secretariat. Their response:

     The Committee has received numerous submissions, but
     the winter recess means these documents cannot be
     formally approved for publication until mid August.
     This is just a product of the timing I'm afraid, but
     it does create an unfortunate impression that the
     inquiry hasn't generated much interest. This should
     be rectified over the next fortnight or so as material
     goes up on the web. We have also given quite a few
     extensions of time to ensure submitters have an
     opportunity to provide input and these will appear as
     they are received and approved for publication.

     The Committee will be deciding its schedule of public
     hearings soon, and these are likely to take place
     periodically over the next couple of months at least.

So there you go.

Realising that I've just sliced the URL off the email, I'll put it
back so people who stumble across this email in the archive know what
we're talking about.

     http://www.aph.gov.au/house/committee/coms/cybercrime/

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia