[LINK] music industry goes after public performance

George Bray georgebray at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:48:03 AEST 2009

As usual, the music industry has got it wrong.  This move will only
reduce the exposure of their content to the buying public.

If I were running a cafe I'd rather spend the money on producing my
own background music with local talent than pay anything to the music
industry thugs.

On the bright side, this move opens up a great business opportunity
for independent performers to deal direct with these minor public
performance outlets. The sooner they bring about the demise of
rapacious record labels and their industry protection racket, the
better.

George