[LINK] Telstra to do SMS message

Nicholas English nik.english at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 14:58:43 AEDT 2009

The SA Health Dept/Telstra broadcast Health warnings via SMS during their
heatwave at early one morning. All very considerate ... except I live in
Darwin Northern Territory where we don't have daylight savings!! At 5:30 in
the morning during a monsoonal downpour I leapt out bed/sleep to check who
was calling me - family emergency?! who else could it be?! to be informed
that "I should stay in side and call 000 if ..." I was sorry it wasn't a
marketeer as I could at least vented some spleen.

Having experience 'temporal aberations' from a phone service managed out of
SA previously I could understand what had occurred once I'd woken up one
could only hope that fire warnings might be a little better managed.
regards

Nicholas English