[LINK] Happy 20th Birthday WWW

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Sun Mar 15 12:44:56 AEDT 2009

On 14/03/2009, at 10:24 AM, Tom Koltai wrote:

> Development of Mosaic began in December 1992. Version 1.0 was released
> on April 22, 1993, followed by two maintenance releases during summer
> 1993. A port of Mosaic to the Commodore Amiga was available by October
> 1993. Version 2.0 of NCSA Mosaic was released in December 1993, along
> with version 1.0 releases for both the Apple Macintosh and Microsoft
> Windows. An Acorn Archimedes port was underway in May 1994.

A beta of Mosaic for Mac and PC was released a week before the 9-11
November 1993 VALA (Victorian Association of Library Automation)
Conference.

I gave a demonstration of it and it was mounted on all the PCs in the
internet room. The room upstaged all the library supplier stands at
the conference exhibition.

Tony

Phone:02 6241 7659, Mobile:04 3365 2400, Skype:antonybbarry
Email:tony at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au, antonybbarry at gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/people/Antony-Barry/1386242004
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au