[LINK] Dentist's website on Aussie blacklist (was Re: ACMA Internet Filter List Leaked

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Fri Mar 20 07:49:32 AEDT 2009

On 20/03/2009, at 4:18 AM, Leah Manta wrote:
> What we now await is for the OWNER of the Database, them who created
> it, to step up and say "yes it is our software."

Unlikely, given the idiocy of some of the entries on the list, as has
already been pointed out.

Apart from the out-of-date listings already noted by others, some of
the entries would be very poor pattern-matches. Some were URLs with
specific parameters defining views or navigation options, which mean
they'd only block a page viewed in certain way but not others. At
least one other had a specific session key in it -- which means it
wouldn't block anyone.

I don't think anyone will own up to being responsible for this
incompetent piece of work.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia