[LINK] Dentist's website on Aussie blacklist (was Re: ACMA Internet Filter List Leaked

Leah Manta link at fly.to
Fri Mar 20 21:36:36 AEDT 2009

At 20:49 19/03/2009, Stilgherrian wrote:
>Apart from the out-of-date listings already noted by others, some of
>the entries would be very poor pattern-matches. Some were URLs with
>specific parameters defining views or navigation options, which mean
>they'd only block a page viewed in certain way but not others. At
>least one other had a specific session key in it -- which means it
>wouldn't block anyone.

Ok so now we have an interesting story evolving.

Perhaps it's a case of 'techie' type person was visiting a 'friend'
who had the software installed.  Knowing how excited the world would
get at the Black List being released, 'techie' managed to get the
data, including all the 'added' entries that the 'user' had added as
a result of their own personal surfing habits, or perhaps their children's?

This might explain some of the anomalies you have raised!

I'm starting to feel it's more a 'user' and a Tech Friend who have
'leaked' the list of URLs more than coming from an official kinda source.

Most of these software filters can automatically add URLs to their
local database when finding keywords on a page that is loading or in
the URI itself.

I'm surprised Google wasn't listed!  (Was it?  I didn't search!)