[LINK] ABC Mobile Web Site Failed Accessibility Test

Fred Pilcher fpilcher at netspeed.com.au
Sat Mar 21 12:09:19 AEDT 2009

Eric wrote:
> On 20/3/09 11:27 AM, "Pilcher, Fred" <Fred.Pilcher at act.gov.au> wrote:
>
>> If the ABC is developing a means for delivering content to low-powered
>> small-screen devices using standard web protocols like HTML, why do they
>> need to develop multiple platform-specific applications that (I assume)
>> serve the same purpose?
>
> Why develop product for television when they already develop product for
> radio? Couldn't they simply broadcast a still image and then the radio sound
> track?

Stil instances the gesture interface, and that makes sense (though the
"browser wars" scenario fits well). But is the difference between the
web-based product and the local app as significant as the difference
between radio and TV? It sounds like overstating the case to me, though
I don't own a Jesus Phone so I can't really say.

Fred