[LINK] NZ sees the light!

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Tue Mar 24 22:27:38 AEDT 2009

phobonetik writes "The New Zealand Prime Minister announced his
Government will throw out the controversial Section 92A of the
Copyright Amendment (New Technologies) Act and start again. The
proposed law changes contained 'guilty upon accusation, without
appeal' clauses and heavy compliance costs to ISPs and businesses.
The changes were hours away from being signed but a series of online
protests, a petition on Government grounds, as well as public
rebuttal by a large ISP and by Google contributed to the Government
changing course and respecting the wishes of the IT industry."
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/23/140241&from=rss

Now, maybe someone here will pay attention as well. Or maybe iiNet
will just relocate to NZ?

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com