[LINK] USDAFoodSafety is using Twitter.

Sylvano sylvano at gnomon.com.au
Mon Mar 30 10:38:58 AEDT 2009

On Mon, March 30, 2009 9:24 am, Stilgherrian wrote:

> Twitter doesn't actually make any sense if you just look at it from
> the outside. I reckon that you have to start using it and explore it
> before there's the penny-drop moment. And I reckon that happens when
> there's maybe 50 people in your network.

And there is the aspect of the mode of use as well.  I am a 'dip in'
twitterer, checking updates a couple of times a day - usually while having
a coffee, rather than a live feed on at all times. I get more than enough
warning to tap into cnut awards.

And in addition to size of network, is the management of the membership
group as well, though, I am still too ignorant to comment on this.
Stilgherrian's insights into this would be handy. Such as the whole
etiquette and importance of inviting/blocking/following decisions such
that the stream is tweaked to be focussed to one's needs.  Hmmmm. Tweaked
twitters...

> P.S. "Is a statement like 'I do not consider myself old fashioned,
> but...' akin to statement which start 'I'm not a racist, but...'?
> Discuss." [ducks]

Interesting. To my mind the former would probably be either denial or
rhetorical technique for understatement, where as the latter is either
denial or subterfuge.

Sylvano
--
Gnomon Publishing