[LINK] Do It Yourself? [Was: BPL]

David Boxall david.boxall at hunterlink.net.au
Mon Mar 30 12:01:01 AEDT 2009

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 at 10:48:47 GMT stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> ... BPL does not seem an .au answer.
> Also hope another appropriate solution reveals itself to someone soon.
> Not entirely convinced the national scheme will reach the burbs of my
> town and certainly not tomorrow. (Sigh, 48kps dialup, after how long?)
The way things are going, you'll be old & grey and I'll probably be dead
before anything substantial happens with the NBN. What have you done
yourself, to improve the situation in your neighbourhood? You might not
achieve true broadband, but an improvement on 48kb/s is possible.  My
own, somewhat dated, experiences are detailed at
<http://david.boxall.id.au/Current.html>.

--
David Boxall                    |  When a distinguished but elderly
                                |  scientist states that something is
                                |  possible, he is almost certainly
                                |  right. When he states that
                                |  something is impossible, he is