[LINK] Lost in the Blue Mountains

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed May 20 16:40:56 AEST 2009

At 16:11 +1000 20/5/09, David Boxall wrote:
>>  113. This inquest identified that the current system, while having the
>>  ability to record
>>  incoming calls, does not have the ability to transfer data or recorded
>>  calls to other
>>  agencies. We know that it took four days before the calls that David
>>  made to
>>  Ambulance were located and downloaded. It then required the Police to
>>  send a
>>  vehicle to the Ambulance Centre at Redfern to pick up the CD and then
>>  drive it back
>>  to Katoomba where it could be listened to.

>How could such an archaism persist into the 21st century?

I was doing a consultancy assignment some years ago for an
[unidentified State] fire authority.

I had to explain to my client, *during* a meeting with the complete
set of emergency services agencies, that they couldn't use privacy
law as an excuse not to provide CLI data to the other agencies.

(APF calls those BOTPAs - Blame it On The Privacy Act).

The regrettable fact is that emergency services agencies generally
seem to suffer from the People's Front of Judaea problem, with
emergencies = Romans.

http://leftspot.com/blog/?q=node/129
Reg, of the People's Front of Judea:
The only people we hate more than the Romans are the fucking Judean
People's Front.

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916

Visiting Professor in Info Science & Eng  Australian National University
Visiting Professor in the eCommerce Program      University of Hong Kong