[LINK] Cheap solution for security

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Wed May 27 11:29:11 AEST 2009

Karl Auer wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 08:40 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
>> How is this secure again?
>>

> He's made a specially shaped peephole; the peephole shape is unique to
> each card. The bank (or whatever) displays a number to the cardholder in
> a way that will only be legible if exactly the correct peephole shape is
> used to view it - sort of a high-tech captcha.

I wonder how it will cope with the on-screen pattern scaling to
different sizes on different monitors and resolution settings.
Something that might display as (say) 1cm high and 4 cm long on my
desktop screen may be half that physical size on my nettop, and double
the size on my kids PC with a lower resolution setting to make the icons
larger.

Paul.