[LINK] AT&T plans 3G 7.2-500+ mb/sec

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Fri May 29 08:41:02 AEST 2009

At 10:39 PM 28/05/2009, stephen at melbpc.org.au wrote:
>The second-largest U.S. telecommunications company announced at the All
>Things Digital conference here that it will upgrade to High Speed Packet
>Access (HSPA) 7.2 wireless technology by the end of the year.
>
>The upgrade could deliver downloads at a speed of 7.2 megabytes per
>second, compared to the current 3.6 megabytes per second.

That didn't read right. The subject line about 500+ Mbs is more
likely the real point.

Read more: "AT&T Technology Could Double Download Speeds | AHN | May 28,
2009" - http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7015293703#ixzz0GnjiBay7&A

AHN I've never heard of. Seems like a general news gatherer. The
writer may not have understood what was being said in the presentation.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/