[LINK] RFC: Cloud Computing

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Mon Nov 23 18:21:16 AEDT 2009

Following on from discussions on the list earlier today ...

I've been working on a paper on the user benefits and risks of cloud
computing.  That's of course necessitated some basic work on what the
heck cloud computing is.

The emergent draft has a reasonably-developed first third, but at
this stage only a very sketchy analysis of risks.

Constructively negative comments on the definitions, architecture and
benefits sections would be greatly appreciated!!

     Computing Clouds on the Horizon?
     Benefits and Risks from the User's Perspective
      http://www.rogerclarke.com/II/CCI-0911.html

While you're at it, any thoughts on the APF's Policy Statement on
Cloud Computing and Privacy would also be valued:
http://www.privacy.org.au/Papers/CloudComp-0911.html

As a voluntary organisation, we don't want to go so far that we're
doing free consultancy;  but we also don't want to be off-the-beam
technically, and nor do we want to go beyond a reasonable
balance-point between privacy and other interests.

                    Tel: +61 2 6288 1472, and 6288 6916