[LINK] RFC: Cloud Computing

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Mon Nov 23 19:10:25 AEDT 2009

Reads well, Roger ..

Cloud computing?  One concern for most, of course, is data ownership and
security. Google Cloud Terms of Service re data are bad enough, but here
is another example which is breath-taking .. and so, maybe of use, Roger.

Not exactly only a public 'cloud service' but, certainly includes clouds:

 http://www.tikatok.com

 www.tikatok.com/user/confirmPolicy/vid/55845850dfcb83a3fa8e9b59da5e0320

V. Ownership of Submissions

Certain areas of the Site will permit you to send materials to Tikatok
such as stories and drawings. Upon submission, all creations, ideas,
concepts, notes, drafts, stories, artwork, drawings, photographs or other
information of any nature (collectively, the "Submissions"), submitted by
an author to the Site shall be deemed to be, and shall remain, the
property of Tikatok, and the author will be deemed for all purposes to
have assigned all of his or her worldwide right, title and interest in
and to such Submissions to Tikatok and waived any "moral" or author's
rights therein.

None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence
on the part of Tikatok, and Tikatok shall not be liable for any use or
disclosure of all or part of the Submissions.

Without limiting the foregoing, Tikatok shall exclusively own all now
known or hereafter existing rights to the Submissions of every kind and
nature throughout the world, and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of
the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise,
without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.

Roger writes,