[LINK] Fairfax news with web2

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Wed Nov 25 22:25:22 AEDT 2009

Hi all,

Given that the Internet usually challenges traditional media, one hopes
such websites become a model for local news with web2 community comment.

In my opinion, quality Au journalism, with informed and eminent comment.

 http://www.nationaltimes.com.au

"The National Times features the best in analysis, commentary and opinion
from Fairfax Media's established print and online mastheads, The Sydney
Morning Herald, The Age, brisbanetimes.com.au, watoday.com.au - and more
than 160 of our rural and regional titles across Australia.

The website is also home to an expert team of contributors and bloggers -
breaking views on matters ranging from arts to politics, religion to
sport, cinema and philosophy as and when news happens.

The site is dedicated to promoting the best in Australian journalism:
words, images and art.

It also seeks out opinions and articles from our readers and encourages
debate and discussion..

In all that it does, it will seek to emulate its forerunner's dedication
to the highest journalistic standards and ethics - and to giving its
readers the best words, pictures and art.

 http://www.nationaltimes.com.au/aboutnationaltimes

--

National Times set for online relaunch
by MIRIAM STEFFENS, June 13, 2009

FAIRFAX Media is set to relaunch one of Australia's historic newspaper
brands, The National Times, as an opinion and editorial website covering
the nation's political and national affairs debates.

<http://www.theage.com.au/national/national-times-set-for-online-relaunch-
20090612-c67k.html>

--

Of course, living in Melbourne, and knowing how good The Age newspaper
websites are, one hopes they remain to co-exist, and evolve, in future.

Cheers,
Stephen

Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server