[LINK] Google Wave [Link Digest, Vol 203, Issue 4]

Phillip Musumeci pmusumeci at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 19:11:55 AEST 2009

> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:14:02 +1000
> From: Jan Whitaker <jwhit at melbpc.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [LINK] Google Wave
[]
> My Yahoo already does much of that. News, blogs, email, messaging,
> shopping, weather, maps and directions, even Garfield and Doonesbury.
> :-) Maybe google is just catching up with the competition and making
> a big deal about it.

This sounds similar to an iGoogle page.

[I haven't seen google wave]

Sounds like it provides many items that can supplement an access grid
teleconference, and offers frictionless setup/join-in.  Interesting
that Google audio and video chat already provide pretty good AV
services (e.g. good echo cancellation).  If Google wave could extend
to audio and video streaming, with everything else I have heard of,
that sure would be great for remote work and conferencing (last time I
used the access grid tools, they were somewhat "messy" to configure
and tune).

phillip