[LINK] Role of web standards in reducing carbon emissions, Canberra, 12 October

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Oct 12 08:40:38 AEDT 2009

On Thursday I will be talking on the role of web standards in reducing
carbon emissions. This is at the Web Standards Group meeting at the
National Library of Australia, 2.30pm, 15 October, 2009. This is a free
talk with all welcome, but you need to RSVP for catering purposes. Also
speaking will be Pia Waugh as her role as an ICT policy advisor for
Senator Lundy: <http://webstandardsgroup.org/event/178>.

I will be talking about how I used the web to teach people how to use
computers and telecommunications to reduce energy use of the computers
(and materials use), as well as use ICT to replace greenhouse gas
generating processes. The students have included senior people from
federal and state agencies and the CIO of a North American university
<http://www.tomw.net.au/technology/it/green_it_social_networking/>.

ps: Assuming the ISBN arrives in time, I will also use the opportunity
to launch the new edition of my e-book "Green Technology Strategies".
But not on the Amazon Kindle. ;-(