[LINK] Uh-oh -- be careful of associations

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Mon Oct 12 14:20:46 AEDT 2009

This from Fwd: Slattery's Watch - 12th October, 2009 made me laugh out loud.

>  <http://www.rippledirect.com.au/ECeS.cfm?e=i27-10-x5-19hho2b>iiNet
> has begun its defence in the Federal Court copyright case pointing
> out that the film studios making claims against iiNet have
> contractual relationships with the companies that operate software
> and websites that enable the illegal downloading of material.

Lots more interesting stuff in the newsletter today, including
- a combined data centre for Melbourne, Monash and RMIT. What does
this mean for privacy?
- new procurement arrangements for the Cwlth Government
- a  major cost overrun and late project in NSW: $23mil and 9 years later.....

The full newsletter is at:
http://www.slatteryit.com.au/Pdf/2009/Watch-091012.pdf

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com