[LINK] Big corporations and who owns our privacy now.

Kim Holburn kim at holburn.net
Sat Oct 17 20:18:09 AEDT 2009

The other day I was talking to an acquaintance from another country.
He told me that if he went back to his country with a laptop, on entry
to his country, he might have his laptop searched and have to prove
ownership of each item of software on the laptop.

I find this worrying, that corporate licensing of software is
overriding personal privacy.  I have heard that laptop searches were
getting nasty in the US but this seems as invasive.

Kim
--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant