[LINK] ebooks Aussie style

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Oct 19 14:53:43 AEDT 2009

Over-the-counter ebooks

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/overthecounter-ebooks-20091018-h2zd.html
October 19, 2009

AUSTRALIANS will be able to buy digital books over the counter from
next year using technology designed for Australian book publishers.

Chief executive officer of the Australian Publishers Association
Maree McCaskill said the take-up of ebooks here had been hampered by
cost and availability issues and the lack of a simple distribution
system. ''This new system will allow Australians to download digital
books quickly and simply via participating bookstores,'' she said.

Booksellers using TitlePage, an APA program, will be able to access
the system. Ms McCaskill said it should be operating in the first half of 2010.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com