[LINK] terrabit per second internet

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Wed Sep 9 06:58:16 AEST 2009

On 08/09/2009, at 10:17 PM, David Lochrin wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 21:51, David Boxall wrote:
>> What impressed me was to hear Aussies pronouncing router as 'rowter'.
>> When I was studying (just this side of the Jurassic) it was 'rooter'.
>
> Hmmm....  maybe that's why it's now pronounced 'rowter'?
>
> I can remember my father talking about 'rowte' as in "bus route"
> when I was a slip of a lad, and you can imagine how long ago that was!

Regional variations in language! Who knew? ;)

Whatever the regional influences, though, it's certainly useful to be
able to have two differently-pronounced words for the route ("rowt")
taken by packets through a network and the root ("root") account you
need to reconfigure that route.

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia