[LINK] Flash is Ugly, Ugly, Ugly

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Fri Sep 11 15:06:23 AEST 2009

On 11/09/2009, at 2:08 PM, Roger Clarke wrote:

> I wanted to look at QANTAS Round the World fares.

If I were you, Roger, I'd go to any other site but Qantas, regardless.
I've found lastminute.com.au to offer a better range of options, and
better prices, too.

It's hard to avoid Flash these days - is even installed for all users
in OS 10.6.1 - though it should be easy enough to move the plugin out
of the way when not needed. Luckily, it won't load in Safari if you
run Safari as a 64-bit app.

I really, really dislike the trend now for browser plugins to be
installed and THEN launch your browser to take you to their site -
activity that only makes the situation uglier.

At least in OS X 10.6, plugins won't crash Safari when they fail
anymore. When they fail, they are simply unloaded - so all I need to
do is find a site that causes Flash to fail, and I'm happy.

iT

--
Ivan Trundle
http://itrundle.com ivan at itrundle.com
ph: +61 (0)418 244 259 fx: +61 (0)2 6286 8742 skype: callto://ivanovitchk