[LINK] Google search box

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sat Sep 12 16:07:03 AEST 2009

At 03:30 PM 11/09/2009, James Collins you wrote:
> [...]

(made me look)
I get the Australian version. Looks the same to me. But I stumbled across this:
http://www.google.com.au/codesearch?hl=en
Not being a programmer, it's pretty much greek to me, but I'm sure
some linkers might find some use for it.

Also interestingly, the Australian version has a link at the bottom
that says: Go to Google.com. But it returns the .au version still.
Then I tried: www.google.com/us/ and the error message came back from
google.com . So I used the search box in that returned error message
to get google.com results. Seems a very strange way to do it, but it
worked. And it showed that the results are different between the two.
The .au site provided a news results result first, then the normal
stuff. The non-.au site didn't have that.

And yes, the 'open search results' force is in Search settings, top
right of the main page link. You need to allow cookies for it to
work, though. Must be a 'state' aspect.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com