[LINK] IPTv

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Apr 14 06:47:33 AEST 2010

I can't help but ask the dog-in-the-manger question.

There's been more than ten years, I suppose, of "the Internet will kill
TV". Everything about TV was seen as wrong: the content was crap (mostly
I agree), the model of the passive viewer is outdated, etc ...

Now, the letters "IP" become a magic fairy dust that you sprinkle on TV
to make it cool. As long as you're distributing Desperate Housewives or
Cougars or whatever on the Internet, it's suddenly the Next Big Thing.

I don't quite get that ...

RC