[LINK] myki - a tracking device (was Re: more myki pain)

jore419-links at yahoo.com.au jore419-links at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 14 13:44:18 AEST 2010

>> This debate just reinforces that people on this list need to get out more
>> often and not be huddled over their computers in their bedrooms.

> In fact, let's get more fundamental. Do we need such sophistication in the
> first place?

exactly! keep it simple stupid.

> Why not stick with a simpler system and spend the $ on ticket inspectors?

yes and why are we even moving away from the simple system anyway? what isn't working?

is it a financial reason? (seems to me like myki is a blow out in any event anyway but perhaps this is the point -- corporation/gov relationship, gotta take care of the cronies)...

but where is the public demand even, for myki or indeed any other 'smart card' "solution" to some non-problem?